9/13/12

OPEL FRONTERA A - BAD HEAD GASKET part 1


During one longer trip with my car i found out that it overheats a lot and looses coolant. I went to my mechanic and he did some test for head gasket failure.

Opel Frontera 2.3 TD

Head gasket was bad, so i decided to change it by myself to save some money. While i was doing that i took some photos.





I started to dismantle parts that must be removed so i could remove cylinder head. In next few pictures you can see how it looks when they are remove.

First I needed to remove inlet manifold which was mounted over exhaust manifold. After I did that i removed exhaust manifold which comes out connected to turbocharger, so I needed to unbolt one bolt which was connecting turbocharger to it's mounting on engine block, and three bolts which connect turbocharger and down pipe to the exhaust pipe. To unbolt those bolts I needed to go under the car. Here are the photos how the engine looks after i removed manifolds and turbocharger.




You can see how Frontera's engine looks without intake and exhaust manifold and turbocharger. (The valve cover is also removed)


Next photo shows turbocharger's down pipe connection spot to exhaust pipe.

Turbocharger's down pipe connection spot to exaust pipe



You can read about everything that has been done in the following posts: 
Cylinder Head REMOVAL: PART1 , PART2 , PART3 

Cylinder Head DISASSEMBLY: PART1 , PART2 , PART3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC